Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Neutral light on a Mk111

Forums

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help,I have a 77 Mk111 electric start and the neutral like does not work, I had a look underneath the lighting console and saw that a very, very thin yellow wire had broken at the connector, I managed to get the connector off but I cannot see how to remove the light to solder the wire without taking everything off, is there a quick way of doing this?

Many thanks

John.

Not that I know of! It is easy to undo the two bolts that hold the console on from the front of the bike using an extension and sockets...but then you have all the wires in a clump!

And the ignition switch is in the way!!!

The light is held in by a 'one way' double edged washer/clip.

I always ended up breaking mine as I tried to ease them off.

The joys of owning Commandos!!!!

John,

I recently invested in a new warning light consol which was much thicker and stronger than the original, AND also a set of coloured bulb holders from a vehicle wiring accessory supplyer off the internet. The metal rimmed ones are far superior and take real bulbs, unlike the original which are as rare as hens teeth.

Previously wrote:

John,

I recently invested in a new warning light consol which was much thicker and stronger than the original, AND also a set of coloured bulb holders from a vehicle wiring accessory supplyer off the internet. The metal rimmed ones are far superior and take real bulbs, unlike the original which are as rare as hens teeth.

Hans, thank you very much for your reply, could you possibly send me the address.

Thanks

John

jc7765@hotmail.co.uk

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans