Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1954 Norton ES2 illustrated parts list

Forums

Hi All,

I haven't been able to trace a 1954 Illustradted Parts List for my ES2, I ve tried BMS but the don't have one. Anyone know where I could get one from. I have come accross ones for 1952 with 53 and 54 suppliments but the suppliments are not illustrated.

I've just bought this bike from a dealer and I am not too sure about a number of small things, one of them is the position of the rear brake arm pivot point. Mine is exactly in line with the wheel chain tensioner which means that I cannot take out the slack in the chain as the end of the tensioner hits the pivot. The break arm points down and the brake rod is positioned under the swing arm, with this sort of setup the rear brake anchor arm needs to be shorter for the pivot point to clear the tensioner.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

Thanks,

Albert

Hi Albert,

As far as I am aware there was no illustrated documentation produced for this year. If I am reading your comments correctly it sounds as if you may have the wrong brake plate. If you think I could help further please do not hesitate to call me.

Roger Deadman

Hi Albert, I have an IllustratedSpare Parts list for 1955 covering ES2, 19 Rigid Frame and 19 Spring Frame.

Keith.

Previously wrote:

Hi Albert,

As far as I am aware there was no illustrated documentation produced for this year. If I am reading your comments correctly it sounds as if you may have the wrong brake plate. If you think I could help further please do not hesitate to call me.

Roger Deadman

Hi Roger,

Many thanks for your reply. You have confirmed what I suspected on both counts. I will look for a 1953 spare parts list. I have attached to this post a photo of my ES2's rear wheel showing the brake plate, what do you think?

I will post another comment along with this also with an attachment but this time of my front RH side fork slider. I don't think it's 1954,it must be later.

Thanks and regards,

Albert

Malta

Attachments 1954-ES2-REAR-BRAKE-PLATE.jpg

Previously wrote:

Hi Albert,

Roger Deadman

Hi Roger,

Me again attached is the photo of the right hand side fork slider, I don't think it belongs to my ES2 which is 1954. What do you think.

Regards,

Albert

Malta

Attachments 1954-ES2-RH-FRONT-FORK-SLIDER.jpg

Previously wrote:

Hi Albert, I have an IllustratedSpare Parts list for 1955 covering ES2, 19 Rigid Frame and 19 Spring Frame.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your offer but I must look for a 1953 list as in 55 the ES2 had changed. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Albert

Malta

Hi Albert. I have a 1950 Parts list that covers Models 1,16H,18,ES2,30,40,30M,and 40M. There are Four Brake assemblies to cover all the different models. The brake used on models 1,16H and 18 is the same as that shown in the 1955 spares list for the ES2 and 19. If they were using a 1950 brake in 1955 for the ES2 then I bet it would the same that they used in 1954.

Keith.

Previously wrote:

Hi Albert. I have a 1950 Parts list that covers Models 1,16H,18,ES2,30,40,30M,and 40M. There are Four Brake assemblies to cover all the different models. The brake used on models 1,16H and 18 is the same as that shown in the 1955 spares list for the ES2 and 19. If they were using a 1950 brake in 1955 for the ES2 then I bet it would the same that they used in 1954.

Keith.

Hi Keith,I guess you are right. Can you tell me where you got your copy from?A

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Keith.

My Spares lists are originals and I bought them on ebay a few years ago. I could scan the appropriate page and email it to you if thats any help.

Keith.

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Keith.

My Spares lists are originals and I bought them on ebay a few years ago. I could scan the appropriate page and email it to you if thats any help.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Yes please if it's not too much trouble. My email address is albertpisani@gmail.com .

Many thanks,

Albert

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans