Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1937 Model 18 Rear Brake Torque Arm Size

Forums

Hi. I own a 1937 Model 18. I purchased the bike missing a rear drum brake torque arm. I have failed to try and source one so now i'm looking to see if any other arms from different manufactures will do the job. Also failing that will see about making one. What I do not have is the actual length of the arm. Can anyone help me with the length of the arm? In my norton spares list which I believe to be from the 30's the part number is 9522. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you Steve

Steve

My 1937 16H arm is 9 inches long. I suspect they are the same but the parts list will confirm that.

The arm is not a simple flat. It has an elliptical section (rounded top and bottom edges and a gently rounded outside face). It is between 3/4" and 1" wide but I can't get to the back of the bike in the shed this evening to get an exact size.

Regards

David

Previously David Cooper wrote:

Steve

My 1937 16H arm is 9 inches long. I suspect they are the same but the parts list will confirm that.

The arm is not a simple flat. It has an elliptical section (rounded top and bottom edges and a gently rounded outside face). It is between 3/4" and 1" wide but I can't get to the back of the bike in the shed this evening to get an exact size.

Regards

David

Thanks for the reply David. I'v searched high and low for one with no luck. Going to try the stafford jumble if I know what im looking for. On your sizes I will try to at least make one out of flat steel to see If I can get a rough idea and the bike up and running while I continue to search.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans