Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

961 Seat Removal

Hi, Bike been on trickle charge for last few months, came to use today but wouldn't start/turn overwhen start switch was pressed, even though everything else seems fine. Was going to check fuses but can't seem to remove seat (not had to remove it yet), could anyone give me some pointers please.

Hello Richard

There are two screws to remove, one to the right and one to the left, about in the middle of the seat. After you unscrewed them, you can remove the seat by lifting first the front part of it.

Did you check the voltage of the battery? I did have once the problem that theengine did not fire because the battery was on low voltage, discharge was probably caused by a wet plug of the charging cable after washing the bike or after riding in rain. Since I have put something around the chargingplug to keep the wet off it, I had no more problems of this kind. Also an error message appearing sometimes for a while in the display while riding in rain did not come up any more.

Previously raphael_vonaesch wrote:

Hello Richard

There are two screws to remove, one to the right and one to the left, about in the middle of the seat. After you unscrewed them, you can lift the front part of the seat.

Did you check the voltage of the battery? I did have once the problem that engine did not fire because the battery was on low voltage, probably caused by a wet plug of the charging cable after washing the bike or after riding in rain. Since I have put something around the chargingplug to keep wet off it, I had no more problems of this kind. Also an error message appearing sometimes in the display while riding in rain did not come up any more.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans