Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1957 Pre F/bed Parts Issues Again!

Forums

After nine years, I have not been able to find a rear mudguard for my 57 Model 50. I came to the conclusion last year that the wideline version was near enough to work with and guess what: can't find one anywhere. Nice picture on the NOC spares list but no stock for ages. Anyone got any ideas? I have thought of asking the Matchless club? Norton 1950's ohv singles spares situation not so good. Commando's rule!

Unfortunately I need a new big end bearing, no big surprise but I believe the original design to be best. Does anyone know where there is some new old stock?

Any help with these two issues appreciated,

Neil.

There is a company in Birmingham, I think its Birmingham don't quote me on location, that advertise in the classic bike Mart that manufacture mudguards for everything on two wheels.

You give them the sizes, profile, length, arc, steel or ally etc etc and away they go! If you ring the guy (I did for my 500T) he may even have the templates ready made to shape to. They are not expensive and very nice people to deal with and they fit exactly perfect...no worries.

They will make anything you want so no need to struggle matey.

Measurement of your wheel arc is the hardish bit but they will help you.

Google motorcycle mudguard manufacturers UK...bound to come up.

You could try Renovation Spares as they do a huge amount of mudguards for a very wide range of bikes. For the Matchless and AJS mudguards try AMC Classic Spares that is run by Steve Surby.

Thanks Gents, I can't understand why NOC spares didn't get in touch with these guys when they ran out of stock?

Hi Neil,

no comfort i am sure (more likely the opposite) but my ES2 has one of the NOC Spares wideline rear guards on it. Nicely made and a good fit. Blimmin colonials, pinching all the good stuff. : )

Hope your plans for a return downunder are coming along well.

cheers

iain.

Yeah! You got my mudguard, Iain!!! Oh well, I'll try the suggestion above, you never know. Might even try an add in the VMCC?

If I live long enough, I'll see you in Dunedin next January. Keep playing the Beefcake CD!

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans