Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1937 Norton International

Forums

Good day,

I am currently interested in buying a 1937 Norton international Frame 86259 and Engine 82903. Is there any way I could find out if they matching?

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

Hi Keegan,

You need to contact Chris Streather, the pre-war records officer as listed in the Roadholder. You probably won't get a reply until next week now and there may be a charge for the search. The numbers you have given look about the right gap, so could well be a match.

I agree with Richard. The only sure way to confirm the numbers is through Chris (or VMCC) to get the correct data from the despatch records.

For your information, my mid 1937 Inter has engine no 784xx and frame no 814xx confirmed from the records so your data is in the normal range for 1938 despatch but searching the records shows up many anomolies around these dates

My 37 Inter motor is 730** date Cert from Chris shows it as March 37.  Your 829** may just be in the 38 region.

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

Thank you everyone for you input and advice. I have managed to get hold of Chris and he has been extremely helpful and has confirmed it for me. Truly appreciate all the guidance. 

Thanks again 

Regards Keegan 

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans