Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

What would you charge - Domi 500

Hi there

I have owned a Dominator 500 (Model 7) 1954 half a year, as a substitute while I got my ES2 running. Now the ES2 is finished mechanically and ready for its mot. Thus I think I'll sell the domi as I also presently want to move into a house (which apparently costs money).

So what would a price estimate from you guys be? The bike can be seen in the last edition of Roadholder mag.

It is looking very tidy though the petrol tank is raw metal with clear coating. It drips oil and has an occasional issue of getting into 3rd and 4th gear directly.

It has both a single seat and a dual original seat which is newly refurbished. It always starts in 1-2 kicks from cold.

So what are we looking at - fire away !

Thats a fair starting point, The fact that it drove 200KMs is also a help. It also depends how urgent is the sale . Ask top price and you may wait?. I would not pay top price for any machine unless I knew it well and the restorer. Nothing I have ever bought has been more than half as good as I hoped it was!!.Perhaps I'm not critical enough.

Thanks George. It's nice to know the british prices on these bikes.

Here in DK they are just 20 % cheaper in most cases (in general), which is the case for most classic bikes and cars.

It's funny as modern cars are 80 - 150 % more expensive than most other countries ;)

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans