Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Waiting for my New 961

Hi

On January 10th this year, I put down my deposit on a New 961.  At the time i was told there was a problem getting the silver paintwork, but i went ahead with my order as it was the silver colour scheme I wanted.  Today i was told there is still a problem getting the silver paint and the factory still cannot give me a delivery date !!!

Is anyone else having this problem ??

Whilst the 961 Commando is a great bike from my personal experience - I have a 2012 Mk 1 Donington model owned from new - I’d suggest the principal goal and interest for the new TVS owned company is electric bikes. With the new CEO / MD coming from an electric vehicle background you don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes. Of course that doesn’t excuse poor customer service for ordered new 961’s but the old ICE machines production may not be getting max priority with 2035 just a decade away.

You mean that a company with over 120 employees can't remove a tank and tinware and send it to their subcontractor and get it painted Silver. Just what do all those employees do in Solihull. 

I just got my tank back for my fastback from a local painter, it took 6 months which was expected for a busy one man band. To wait 3 months for a supposed manufacturer because of a “shortage” of silver paint is beyond belief. Maybe they have SG back working as an excuse consultant or maybe they have borrowed his 1001 excuse handbook. Hopefully they will find some silver paint soon !

Its two week since I first posted, Still no date for delivery for my new bike, in fact no communication at all.

But just to rub salt into the wound, I did receive a "No Reply advertising email" today say how they had " STEPPED UP PRODUCTION" !!!

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans