Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Transfers Dommie 99 1959

Forums

Hi,

I wonder if someone could tell what Transfers would be correct for my 99 Wideline. I've searched online here and looked at various photos but can't find what I need.

I'm particularly keen to know whether there should be a NORTON transfer on the rear mudguard as well as the small square N 600 badge that seems to belong there.

Some feathebeds have a 'Norton Oil Bath' transfer on the primary chaincase, is that correct for mine?

Any help appreciated, the frame and all bits go to the paint shop this week Whoopee!

Barry

The chaincase transfer is definitely used. On your pre-alternator bike it's on the flat surface between and in front of the filler hole and footpeg. Maybe someone will know better but I think the Norton transfer at the back of the mudguard was left off by then.

Is there supposed to be a Made in England transfer? And where?

Previously David Cooper wrote:

The chaincase transfer is definitely used. On your pre-alternator bike it's on the flat surface between and in front of the filler hole and footpeg. Maybe someone will know better but I think the Norton transfer at the back of the mudguard was left off by then.

Is there supposed to be a Made in England transfer? And where?

Thanks David. I've seen a couple of references to the Made in England transfer but some say it should be on the frame front downtube and some say the frame plate with the frame numbers on it.

Any thoughts on whether there should an oil level transfer?

BTW as mine is a 1959 model it is alternator bike with distributor but I'm changing that to a mag.

Many thanks

Barry

There was a transfer with the large Norton N with the model number 99 and this was on the rear mudguardon the space between the dual seat and the rear number plate. This was also used for the 88's and the 650 models. There was also a 650 Mercury oneand this was also placed on the rear mudguard.There was also a Registered Design transfer that was placed on the swinging arm. The Made in England transfer was used on the P11A Ranger 750's and the Commando's and placed on the rear mudguard. Triumph also used this Made in England transferbut I think it was applied to the front down tube. I managed to get allot of these transfers when the then main Norton dealer for England Taylor Mattersons was closing downand they would have all been thrown in the bin along with allot of other literature if I had not managed to retrieve it all. Those were the days of owning a Norton when people thought that you were strange.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans