Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Norton 650cc Throttle Cable Assembly

Hi, looking for throttle cable assembly for a 650ss to suit twin carbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

If you have a single carb. cable you will need a twin pull throttle. Other wise the 1:2 cable splitter the same as you have on the choke, but the single cable that feeds up to the handle bar might have to a bit longer to cope with the slack needed for the forks turning.

The Bike I am working on has a twin pull throttle and uses seperate cables to each carb , I have not had this before and it appears that its much more reliable and easy to synchronise accurately . Wont really know till a few rides but very impressed so far.

This dual cable subject came up once before but it just died out. As my twist grip has the option of having a cable for each carb that's what I did. As you thought, its easier to set up and synchronise, which it is, but the down side is that when you move the handle bars at low speed or at standstill the slack in the cables takes up unevenly and puts the carbs out of sync at tick over. (I have quite high bars so there's quite a sweep of cable from the frame to the twist grip)  This somehow always makes the engine want to stall not race.  Its a real pain and it doesnt matter how much freeplay I adjust into the inner cable its not enough to stop it happening. I'm just about to switch to a single cable and a splitter. 

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans