Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Manxman parts list 1961

Forums

Hi All,

I know a guy who is working on a '61 Manxman. He needs a proper parts book, as there are some Manxman specific items. I gave him copies of my "61 Dominator parts book as a start, but does anyone have the Manxman suppliment?

Thank you,

Skip

Previously Skip Brolund wrote:

Hi All,

I know a guy who is working on a '61 Manxman. He needs a proper parts book, as there are some Manxman specific items. I gave him copies of my "61 Dominator parts book as a start, but does anyone have the Manxman suppliment?

Thank you,

Skip

Hello Yes Me one original December 1960 Parts Manuel for Norton Manxman 650 only, with 36 pages you can have a copy that cost to me for copying it and postage yours PS and I would like to know the Engine and frame numbers please So I can verify if it's a Norton Manxman or Not Has I have the factory data On The Norton Manxman 650s Anna j Dixon

Previously anna jeannette Dixon wrote:

Hi All,

Thank you,

Skip

Hello Yes Me one original December 1960 Parts Manuel for Norton Manxman 650 only, with 36 pages you can have a copy that cost to me for copying it and postage yours PS and I would like to know the Engine and frame numbers please So I can verify if it's a Norton Manxman or Not Has I have the factory data On The Norton Manxman 650s Anna j Dixon

Thank you Anna. I verified his engine & frame number about a month ago against the factory records, I will get them for you for your registry but it may be a week or so before I can get them.

I would be very grateful for the info to hel this Manxman owner. It still has remind ya of the red seat & blue paint, except the taillight piece, which of. Purse is black.

Sadly someone pilfered the original competition magneto, but I have the Lucas dealer binders & will be making him up an exact replica with all Lucas parts.

would it be easier for you to scan a copy, or mail it?

All the best!

Skip

Thank you Anna. I verified his engine & frame number about a month ago against the factory records, I will get them for you for your registry but it may be a week or so before I can get them.

I would be very grateful for the info to hel this Manxman owner. It still has remind ya of the red seat & blue paint, except the taillight piece, which of. Purse is black.

Sadly someone pilfered the original competition magneto, but I have the Lucas dealer binders & will be making him up an exact replica with all Lucas parts.

would it be easier for you to scan a copy, or mail it?

All the best!

Skip

Well Magnetos K2FC are all dated to the machine, and I will sort out a copy for you hassoon has I can My printer is under my desks I cannot use it has My Manxman engine sittingin it pace on top of my desk next to my computer keeping warm, after its complete rebuild and is had a newlyregroundcrank minus 10 under size, Vandervellshells with NO oil Hole for 3 start pump! And new nuts and bolts in the crank and barrel base and I got new countersunk screws Allenkey for the alternatorhousing and inner primary case and fitted all new keyways and filled off and flattedoff many bump and humps collected over the years, and at the moment I am rubbing down the frame and its cycle parts ready for a respray for an undercoat first then the top coat and lacquerlater I do my own work on just about everything the only thing outshopped was the crankshaft for it regrind, it went to Arnett's engineering of Doncaster cost all of £30 pound job lot and a top job too if you need anything just email me, your anna j

Hi all,

does anyone know the Norton Part number for the '61 Manxman chain guard? same as other Norton models????

thank you!

Skip

Hi all,

does anyone know the Norton Part number for the '61 Manxman chain guard? same as other Norton models????

thank you!

Skip

Skip the rear chain guard is part number 21832A. The fixing screw 22022A 2 of. 23574 Nut for screw 2 off. 18285 Grommet 1 off. 19435 washer for screw 4 of. T2221 washer for screw 2 off. This is as per the Norton publication number PS217 Spare Parts List for 1961/62 Model 650cc. This is that purple coloured parts book.

Thank you Anthony for all the info, very helpful. I now have that book also. I have been wondering, it hat book the final say in the Manxman, or was there an additional supplement?

Thanks,

Skip

There is another publication PS214 Spare Parts List for 1961/62 for the Models ES2, 50,88,99,650Std, & De Luxe. On page 54 there is a supplementary list for the 1961/62 Models, 88ss, 99ss, and 650ss. This goes from page 55 to page 71. On page 55 under the heading Rocker Box fFttings it lists the breather assembly for the Manxman models as well as the 88ss, 99ss, & 650ss.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans