Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

LUGGAGE RACK FOR A 1960 WIDELINE ES2

Dear Members,

The luggage rack on February's Norton Calendar photo showing Malcolm Gostelow's Dommi 99 looks absolutely perfect for my 1960 wideline ES2. Trouble is, there doesn't appear to be a manufacturer specifically for Norton machines.

Anybody had a real good experience in sourcing and fitting one of these racks? Or at least something very similar?

Regards,

Peter Bolton

Previously anthony_bolton wrote:

Dear Members,

The luggage rack on February's Norton Calendar photo showing Malcolm Gostelow's Dommi 99 looks absolutely perfect for my 1960 wideline ES2. Trouble is, there doesn't appear to be a manufacturer specifically for Norton machines.

Anybody had a real good experience in sourcing and fitting one of these racks? Or at least something very similar?

Regards,

Peter Bolton

Try www.classicbikeracks.co.uk I do not know if it will fit your bike but they have one for a wideline £75 plus £10 P&P. I know they will make modifications to the design if asked. They are made in stainless. I have a Triumph one which I picked up on ebay. OK for light luggage but the mounting point needs changing.

A Norton owner I meat at Popham in 2015 had one on his Commando which they had made with a higher grab rail at no extra charge. So they seem very obliging.

Previously anthony_bolton wrote:

Dear Members,

Regards,

Peter Bolton

hello I have one Craven rack and clip on top box and Two Richman side panniers I do not think I be using them anytime soon giveme an email annajeannette@btinternet.comPS and a full Avonfairing with stays and engine side covers to fit a single cylinder like Norton ES2 Or BSA B33 or AJS/Matchless Singles

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans