Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

961 owners

Perhaps the moderator can assist with this. As I understand it from the factory there are some 1000 961's registered. Presumably most are in the UK. If so how many UK/European 961 owners are NOC members on this forum. I only ask as there seems to be very few people inputting information for the amount of bikes available. I know that other manufacturers sometimes give away their own club memberships for a year when purchasing a new machine. Perhaps this is something that could bolster membership of the NOC and introduce 961 owners etc. Any views?

Hi everyone, having been in a very lucky position I have just became the owner of a beautiful mk 2 Commando 961 and have just joined this club in anticipation that joining a club of like minded souls would enhance my ownership experience greatly. I was completely unaware of any bad feeling towards 961 owners until now and am wondering if I've done the right thing. I love classic bikes and my favourite is the original Commando models. Not being the greatest with the spanners I chose the new bike. I really hope I enjoy my membership of this club and hope to see you about where I'll be salivating over all the lovely old Nortons especially Commandos and am looking forward to this aspect of club membership very much. I hope it's a great experience for me.

Hi Chris

Glad to have you aboard. Previously there was some animosity shown by other members towards 961 ownership. Now it would appear that they realise we are here to stay and that we get along side by side without causing any problems. I dare say some members may wish to disagree but that's up to them. If you also join a local group you will find a lot of genuine interest in the 961. What area do you live?

Good luck and keep posting if you have any ideas or things that you would like to arrange like a meet or ride out etc.

Regards

Graham

I live on the East London / Essex borders so it would be easy to meet up. It may be an idea to visit http://ftrsuspension.co.uk near Braintree. For a very small fee (less than £50 if i remember correctly) they will set up your suspension for your weight and style of riding. It transformed my bike.

Graham

Hi

i am a mk 1 961 sport owner living in Norwich . I would be very happy to Join you both for a meet up sometime in the summer if you want to perhaps arrange something in north Essex or south Suffolk.

I am advised there is a dealer in Suffolk and intend visiting for a remap at some point , perhaps a convenient place for a meet up in the future ?

Chris , hope you enjoy your bike as much as i do mine . !

Regards

Vince

Hi Vince,

i got my bike through Krazy Horse Customs in Bury St Edmunds which is always a good riding destination.

Cheers running in at the moment but love it.

Regards

Chris

Previously webmaster wrote:

We ask Members to log with us their Nortons. Some do and some do not. For what it's worth then, we have ..............

â Commando 961 CafÃ? Racer - 12

â Commando 961 Limited Edition - 1

â Commando 961 SE - 24

â Commando 961 SF - 5

â Commando 961 Sport - 33

â Domiracer - 3

When Norton Motorcycles (UK) launched its machines there were discussions with the Club about NOC memberships but these did not materialise into anything.

As a Club, we do not know how many Donington Nortons have been manufactured.

Webmaster

Hi there,we have 2 961 sports in Newcastle Australia - Greg Cairns

Hi another Commando 961 SF to add to the list.Purchased 01/09/2016 direct from Norton.1000 miles now on the clock ,one issue- never enough time to ride it !!.Leicester, UK.

Mark

Hi Mark Glad to have you on board. There are a few of us on both old and new bikes riding to the NOC international event next month if you fancy a long weekend away.

Hello all - a brand new Commando 961 cafÃ? racer owner in the Midlands. The forum seems a bit less toxic than when I last looked so have stepped into the lion's cage and am now a member. I appreciate the older bikes and have asoft spotfor Rudges. To own a Norton is something very special. All I need is to work out how to get that hot Castrol R smell.....

Congratulations on purchasing a new Norton 961 you will enjoy owning such a great bike and becoming a member of this club.

Den Bourne.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans