Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1974 Interstate Mk.lla

Forums

Greetings,

I have a restored Interstate Mk2A with genuine Lucas indicators, but they all have "Long" shafts / stalks.

Can anybody please advise what is correct, I.E.: 2 short, 2 long, 4 short, 4 long or a mix front / back?

Thanks & regards Steve!

Previously steve_adkins wrote:

Greetings,

I have a restored Interstate Mk2A with genuine Lucas indicators, but they all have "Long" shafts / stalks.

Can anybody please advise what is correct, I.E.: 2 short, 2 long, 4 short, 4 long or a mix front / back?

Thanks & regards Steve!

You're likley to get answers covering all possiblepermutations. I have a Mk 1A 850 with 4 long (as factory fittedfrom new) and a Mk 3 850 with 2 short at front and 2 long at rear (as supplied from new to the Kenya police). I'm sure there was a standard factory fitting for the Mk 2A but willing to bet this was not always followedif for example they'd run out of one or other of the indicator unitsduringfactory assembly.

For my money the best setup is2 short at the front (less likely to be clobberedby you or others brushing past when parked)and 2 long at the back(to clear the number plate).

Sounds fair to me James, and as I have two SS short stalks and two SS long guess, what's going to happen!

Good point with the short ones on the front as the Lord Lucas stuff is pretty fragile. Thanks for your prompt response.

Rgds Steve

Previously james_fanning wrote:

Previously steve_adkins wrote:

Greetings,

Thanks & regards Steve!

You're likley to get answers covering all possiblepermutations. I have a Mk 1A 850 with 4 long (as factory fittedfrom new) and a Mk 3 850 with 2 short at front and 2 long at rear (as supplied from new to the Kenya police). I'm sure there was a standard factory fitting for the Mk 2A but willing to bet this was not always followedif for example they'd run out of one or other of the indicator unitsduringfactory assembly.

For my money the best setup is2 short at the front (less likely to be clobberedby you or others brushing past when parked)and 2 long at the back(to clear the number plate).

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans