Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1973 750 carb

Forums

Hi all, I have a single R 926/26 Amal carb on the bike. Is this the correct carb for a 73 750 does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

930 on most 750s, 932 on Combat & 850. Twin carburettors were standard on all models. Single carb conversions would most likely use 932s. 930 = 30mm Amal Concentric Mk1. If you have only one 26mm carburettor you might find it a bit, err, sluggish.

926 were, I think, fitted to Tridents but then they did have three.

Measure the inlet ports and the carb mounting stubs first. Fitting 32mm carbs is of limited value if you only have 30mm holes into the head.

I haven't used the new Amals so can't comment.

Hi Norman   

As Stan mentions above, measure the inside diameter of your inlet manifolds then match them to the carb 30mm for 930 or 32mm for 932.

I bought a new set of 932 Premiers from Burlens recently and can say the quality of these current carbs is better than they,ve ever been. I have a set from about 8 years ago modifed in various ways to suit my bike and decided a new set fitted with velocity stacks and custom K&N filter would be nice. An old set of original 932,s that came with the bike are pretty crude by comparism.

Stripped and checked them out of the box and all drillings were clear, the parts and jets were all correct and tight and the finish inside and out is excellent. And of course they work perfectly and look great on the bike.

I also bought a set of Mikuni RS38 flatsides from the USA for my Yamaha and not withstanding the obvious difference in design and function, the Premiers are every bit as well made.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans