Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1963/64 650SS transfer locations

Forums

Hello All,

In the Norton parts book for my bike there are two transfers, but I have no idea where they should be located - anyone got a photo or description of correct location?

They are:-

FRAME 18940 "Registered Design"

FORKS 030517 "Made In England"

See picture of the transfers.

I want to put them on now and lacquer, before I wax everythingprior to reassembly.

Cheers, Andy

Attachments 20160326-remaining-transfers-jpg

The 18940 transfer is attached to the rear swinging arm, or just may be six inches up from the swinging arms frame spindle. I have a lot of original ones of those transfers as I got them from Taylor Mattersons when they closed down in the late 1970's. The Made in England one could be located on the rear mudguard or the front frame down tube, but this ones location I am not sure of.

Hi

I have a 1961 ES2 in unrestored original paint and less than 11000 miles on it.

The "made in England" is next to the frame number and the "regd design" is up on the curve of the frame. Not sure if this would apply to a 650ss. See pic.

I think the "made in England wentbetweenthe clocks above the central light switch on twins.

cheers

Paul

(I have blanked part of the frame number in the picture)

Attachments transfers-jpg

Previously andrew_heaton wrote:

Hello All,

In the Norton parts book for my bike there are two transfers, but I have no idea where they should be located - anyone got a photo or description of correct location?

They are:-

FRAME 18940 "Registered Design"

FORKS 030517 "Made In England"

See picture of the transfers.

I want to put them on now and lacquer, before I wax everythingprior to reassembly.

Cheers, Andy

Andy, Paul is correct...my 88 has the reg transfer on the frame curve above the batt box. Never seen a made in England on my model.

regarspds John

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans