Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1958 Dominator in red

Forums

due to the fact that i have no spare time and not looking like i will for quite a while...

I am considering getting rid of my project but i haven't got a clue as to the price, Its a one previous owner 1958 in red. i have stripped the bike and engine has been rebuilt, i have had new stainless wheels made, frame has been blasted and is in primer, as is most of the parts. i even have 3 craven panniers in matching red that came with it.

it doesnt have a clutch with it as i was going down the belt conversion route,

can anyone suggest a realistic price based on model and the fact that its a red dommi with origional buff log book and so on.

cheers

Lee

Attachments img_0868.jpg img_0869.jpg techn

I would lay out all the parts and take photographs ,where it is will make a difference.Sadly it is still a basket case and worth half of what a running bike would be.An engine rebuild means little without receipts from a respected engine builder.I would say half to two thirds of what a scruffy runner is worth.

Previously lee_hwozdyk wrote:

due to the fact that i have no spare time and not looking like i will for quite a while...

I am considering getting rid of my project but i haven't got a clue as to the price, Its a one previous owner 1958 in red. i have stripped the bike and engine has been rebuilt, i have had new stainless wheels made, frame has been blasted and is in primer, as is most of the parts. i even have 3 craven panniers in matching red that came with it.

can anyone suggest a realistic price based on model and the fact that its a red dommi with origional buff log book and so on.

cheers

Lee

Hello A little gold bar, Has its a original Red Norton Dominator from 1958 to 1959 model , its a 500cc model88 or a 600 model99, has they did both in the Single Red Colour, some where done in Metalsencet Blue Metallic a nice light blue colour but hard to match, she make you a good motorcycle, to be proud of, have many hours of fun yours Anna J

Previously anna jeannette Dixon wrote:

cheers

Lee

Hello A little gold bar, Has its a original Red Norton Dominator from 1958 to 1959 model , its a 500cc model88 or a 600 model99, has they did both in the Single Red Colour, some where done in Metalsencet Blue Metallic a nice light blue colour but hard to match, she make you a good motorcycle, to be proud of, have many hours of fun yours Anna J

Hi

Its a 600 model 99 Anna

As John said,should have just done enough to get it going.Taking it to bits has not added value. Give you a grand for it!.

Previously robert_tuck wrote:

As John said,should have just done enough to get it going.Taking it to bits has not added value. Give you a grand for it!.

Yes haha

i bet you would.

which part do you want for that haha

It is a well established fact that an incomplete basket case is the worst possible buy. But there are folk that enjoy the challenge ,a series of good photos showing ALL the parts may bring the response you want.

cheers

Lee

Hi

Its a 600 model 99 Anna

Hello well its still a gold bar , and will make a very nice Norton model 99 , in its right colour A nice post office red . when restored you be riding down nice country lanes on the open roads , and folks will look too, has you do not get to see many nice red Norton's around, in our days , Yours Anna J

cheers

Lee

Hi

Its a 600 model 99 Anna

Hello well its still a gold bar , and will make a very nice Norton model 99 , in its right colour A nice post office red . when restored you be riding down nice country lanes on the open roads , and folks will look too, has you do not get to see many nice red Norton's around, in our days , Yours Anna J

I have now taken a deposit on the bike from a local guy

thanks for your replies

regards

Lee

Previously ian_cordes wrote:

As the original question from you was 'how much is it worth?', how much are you selling it for?

I was offered what i felt was a fair price, less than it stands me at.

the new owner may wish to disclose what he paid, but thats not for me to say

regards

Lee

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans