Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1957 Dominator 99 silencer bracket dimensions.

Forums

Hi all,

Has anyone got the dimensions of the timing side silencer bracket (Siamese exhaust) please.

Plate width and thickness, offset kink depth and hole centre from foot-peg hole to top silencer hole.

NOC shop have some but not to suit 1957.

Many thanks in advance.

Dick

I don't have a wideline , so can't say they were the same as fitted to slimline. After looking a loads of pictures I cant see that they were different. I have a set of siamese fitted to my bike and the fit and line is so poor that I have had to modify my orriginal brackets to suit the pipes.Bearing this in mind I would just make brackets that worked using 1" x !/8" steel,  .the silencer needs to clear the kickstart and allow rear axle removal and the folding rear footrests  need room to not scrape the silencer  top as they are folded up. If you can arrange a line so the silencers don't droop at the rear you will have done well. Good luck!.

Many thanks Robert,

I have a home made bracket supporting the megaphone I made circa 1963 with a single bolt fastening and have purchased a copy replacement silencer for the rebuild. With the various support brackets being available in the ‘shop’ I thought it best to try and find the correct dimensions but will probably follow your lead with trial and error.

Regards

Dick

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans