Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1955 Wideline Dominator

Forums

Hi Norton owners,

I am restoring a 1955 dominator wideline Deluxe back to original condition from a cafe racer IN Malay Land here....It was convertted into a cafe racer, rear mudguard was chopped and front too...I have sourced all the parts expect rear mudguard.I the case of only one model was produced in 1955 i am unable to source it out in ebay and norton parts dealers. If anyone has a rear mudguard which come with hinge, i would be intrested to buy it or swap it with parts....pls buzz me or advise where can i find this mudguard or fabrigate this type of rear mudguard....cheers

Attachments new-old-stock1-jpg

No help to you now but I'm sureI sawone at Last week's Classic Bike Jumble at Ardingly! Good luck with it. I had a '55 once but I left the mudguards at Mum & Dad's when I got married. They disappeared, probably dumped over time - my fault not theirs as it was my 'junk'!

Previously satchidananda_solayappan wrote:

Hi Norton owners,

I am restoring a 1955 dominator wideline Deluxe back to original condition from a cafe racer IN Malay Land here....It was convertted into a cafe racer, rear mudguard was chopped and front too...I have sourced all the parts expect rear mudguard.I the case of only one model was produced in 1955 i am unable to source it out in ebay and norton parts dealers. If anyone has a rear mudguard which come with hinge, i would be intrested to buy it or swap it with parts....pls buzz me or advise where can i find this mudguard or fabrigate this type of rear mudguard....cheers

You could try Fred Williams near Bedford UK but he's telephone and snail mail only. His details are somewhere on this site.

Fred does make a selection of Norton mudguards.

I'm afraid that Fred Williams won't make the wideline rears - I've asked him several times over the years. They are just too time-consuming/complicated. I managed to buy a good later type for my 1959 '99' (detachable tail) from Bantam John a few years ago. It just needed a bit of fettling and polishing for chrome-plating. I saw an NOC one once and thatr looked pretty good but not the hinge tail version like was on my old 1955 '88'. The valances and the flair to the tail are different to the later type - not just the hinge part. Good luck, Lionel

Hi there,

Is there any chance to get 1953 Norton Model 7 rear mudguard?

Previously lionel_yexley wrote:

I'm afraid that Fred Williams won't make the wideline rears - I've asked him several times over the years. They are just too time-consuming/complicated. I managed to buy a good later type for my 1959 '99' (detachable tail) from Bantam John a few years ago. It just needed a bit of fettling and polishing for chrome-plating. I saw an NOC one once and thatr looked pretty good but not the hinge tail version like was on my old 1955 '88'. The valances and the flair to the tail are different to the later type - not just the hinge part. Good luck, Lionel

Sorry Sundarraju - there is no chance of getting a new repro one. Your only hope would be to find one at a bike jumble. Front mudguards are easier to make so Fred Williams makes quite a few models but no rears.

Good luck, Lionel

Previously sundarraju_sivaraja wrote:

Hi there,

Is there any chance to get 1953 Norton Model 7 rear mudguard?

Previously lionel_yexley wrote:

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans