Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1951 ES2 voltage regulator

Forums

I am almost ready to re-wire my 1951 ES2 but I need a voltage regulator for it. I am going to fit an AO services electronic one but I want to put it inside the origonal box. However, I dont havean origonal box. I'll have a trawl through boxs at Kempton Park on saturday but I was just wondering which regulator was used? Im guessing it would be a MCR1 or 2?

MCR2 was the regulator used for the 60 watt generator used on the 1951 ES2. Easily identified by the circular, domedbulge in the middle of one side, to clear the resistor within.

hi andy 1951 nortons have the control box in the tool box so you can put your modern one in there and no one would be any the wiser pre 1951 they sat under the seat regards roger

Hi Roger

My ES2 is actually a 1950 model year so it would probably be under the seat. I'll have a look round at Kempton tomorrow and see what I come up with. If I come home empty handed it may well go in the tool box,

Thanks

Andy

G'day Andy,

Yes, that is a small spin on oil filter (the same one I use on wifes Mazda)mounted on an aftermarket Commando type base bought from the NOC shop. Fitted in the return line and utilising some of the original mount holes leftfrom when I removedthe MCR2 regulator. I have fitted the same set up in 3 other bikes in or behind tool boxes with no problem.

Paul

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans