Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1920's Norton identification

Hi, Would anyone be able to help me with identifying this Norton, please? It belonged to my great uncle. I've looked through the brochure book on this site, and I think I've narrowed it down to an OHV model around 1926-28, but there are quite a few variants and I'd be grateful if anyone could offer any advice! Kind regards Ian  

Attachments

Quick assessment, OHV, Brampton forks, no separate oil tank and rear wheel type - 1924 Model 18 ?

I think early model 18. Nice machine. What does it look like now?

Jon

It's long gone, unfortunately, not on the DVLA database. My great uncle was keen on competing in hill climbs, I think this was one of the bikes he used.

Competition mudguards and the combined fuel/oil tank is probably off a16H giving the rider a chance to monitor fill level.   j

Sorry a bit late for a reply but tell tale signs. As well as the combined fuel and oil tank  with hand plunger and the Druid forks,  the old style bracket on the front engine mount for the decompressor cable would make this very likely 1924 or before.

As the sales were vastly improved after winning the TT in 1924 I'd guess July to August of that year is the most likely?

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans