Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Where is the vin frame number located on a 1951 International?

Forums

Where is the vin frame number located on a 1951 International?

Hi James,

If you can't find it there, it might not be a genuine item as there are many modified frames around. If you have any photos, it could be identified.

Is often found on the casting on the top of the seat post James. Whilst the frame number it is supposed to be on the tank mounting lug, I have had frames with it on the front tube engine mount casting, and my current one (widely believed to be a replacement spares frame) is on the headstock casting.  All to the the left side.

Jon

The Serial Numbers on the Frame and Engine from 1945 to 1974 should match.

Jon

Not only did he get the wrong lug he was still getting used to the tools. If you send a photo there are people on here who can identify a bona fide stamping from the size and font 

jon

Hi James, I do the Post-War Single Records and we do a lot of identification for members. Feel free to get in touch. Jon has pretty much said all you need to know as to where the numbers may be (I'm sure he would make a great Records Officer in the future, Lol) The picture you posted showing the number NS993 is the shop engine number for your Inter engine. If I can help you further, email me on recordspostwar@nortonownersclub.org.

Paul W

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans