Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

URS403K. Looking for my old commando

Forums

I would really like to find out what has become of my old commando,

Reg No. URS403K. I bought it new from Shirlaws Motorcycles in Aberdeen in June 1972, a black Interstate and I had it for 3 years. If anyone has any information about it I would be more than happy to hear of it. Billy.

Untaxed

Tax due: 01 January 1990

â MOT

Expires: 24 November 2017

Warning

If you've just bought this vehicle thetax orSORN doesn't come with it. You'll need totax it before driving it.

If you have taxed, made a SORN or had an MOT it can take up to 5 days for these details to be shown above.

You can check with your bank/building society to confirm your payment was successful.

Vehicle details

• Vehicle make NORTON
  • Date of first registration June 1972
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 850 cc
  • COâEmissions Not available
  • Fuel type PETROL
  • Export marker No
  • Vehicle status Not taxed
  • Vehicle colour BLACK
  • Vehicle type approval Not available
  • Wheelplan 2 WHEEL
  • Revenue weight Not available

Not sure how it can be untaxed since 1990 and yet still have an MOT, think the DVLA have a problem with older vehicles and MOT's.

From the DVLA website check it was last MOTed on 24th November 2016 but is untaxed.

Looks as though last tax was back around 1990 or before.

Good luck with your search.

Ted

Previously john_holmes wrote:

Untaxed

Tax due: 01 January 1990

â MOT

Expires: 24 November 2017

Warning

If you've just bought this vehicle thetax orSORN doesn't come with it. You'll need totax it before driving it.

If you have taxed, made a SORN or had an MOT it can take up to 5 days for these details to be shown above.

You can check with your bank/building society to confirm your payment was successful.

Vehicle details

• Vehicle make NORTON
  • Date of first registration June 1972
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 850 cc
  • COâEmissions Not available
  • Fuel type PETROL
  • Export marker No
  • Vehicle status Not taxed
  • Vehicle colour BLACK
  • Vehicle type approval Not available
  • Wheelplan 2 WHEEL
  • Revenue weight Not available

Not sure how it can be untaxed since 1990 and yet still have an MOT, think the DVLA have a problem with older vehicles and MOT's.

I had checked these sites a few times in the past and the untaxed since 1990 is all I got, no mot and no insurance, but all of a sudden it comes up with insurance and a fresh mot just a few weeks ago, it looks like someone has resurrected the bike and is in the process of getting it back on the road and of course would have to get the bike mot'd and insured before taxing it. Not sure if will be exempt as first Reg date is June 1972. Billy.

Yes, it will be tax exempt but will still need to go through the 'tax process' to ensure it's on the DVLA system as an exempt vehicle.

Not sure if I got the web site info from the road holder or this site but I checked my bikes out on the vehicle mot history site www check-mot.service.gov.uk/ it was interesting to look back how many miles and what info they were holding for the bikes I own and unfortunately how little I used some of them over the years,

checking out your reg it shows it was tested at the mot station 168119165022 and wondered how long before the info to locate a mot station and area was available by some bright spark, all interesting or worrying depending on your views of George Orwell.

Previously arthur_fish wrote:

Not sure if I got the web site info from the road holder or this site but I checked my bikes out on the vehicle mot history site www check-mot.service.gov.uk/ it was interesting to look back how many miles and what info they were holding for the bikes I own and unfortunately how little I used some of them over the years,

checking out your reg it shows it was tested at the mot station 168119165022 and wondered how long before the info to locate a mot station and area was available by some bright spark, all interesting or worrying depending on your views of George Orwell.

Yes,interesting comment, I used a similar site to check mot history but wonder about the accuracy of some things, one site gave the date of original registration as June 1972,which is correct and another gave it as January 1973 which is wrong also it is listed as an 850 when it was a 750, but it could of had a new engine fitted. I put the mot station number into the internet but found nothing so we might be OK on that score. Billy.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans