Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Norton International 1948? Looking for dating info

Forums

Hi folks, I'm new to Norton ownership and also new to the club. So glad to have this resource!

I have recently acquired a Norton here in the states which has no documentation. It's in bits, but was acquired from a gentleman who'd owned it for 50 years previous. It took me 15 years of pestering and annoying him before he finally agreed to sell it.

I have the following numbers:

Frame #13166

Engine #C11 14823 1948

My questions are; what model, size, and year is this? Also, any other information anyone might have regarding this bike, such as what dealer would have sold it.

If anyone has access to original documentation, I would be very grateful for a copy of such. I have a BSA and was lucky enough to be able to acquire copies of the original Origin certification from the BSA owners group, and I'm hoping something similar might be available somewhere for this Norton. The US Motor Vehicles department is frustratingly difficult to deal with on these old bikes, so any documentation we can provide them really greases the those slow-moving wheels.

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to provide.

Hi Michael. Welcome aboard

For a record certificate go to the "Records" tab on the left hand side of this page and follow the steps.

Can you post a photo of the bike?

Mike Sullivan

Secretary, NCNOC Branch

Thanks Mike, I missed that section of the site, that's an awesome resource!

Unfortunately, the bike is in bits right now. I haven't taken any photos yet because there's not much to get excited about since mostly what would be shown would be boxes. This will most definitely be the largest project I've tackled so far.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans