Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

norton 77 1957

hello fellow nortonians, am in the process of finishing of a rebuild of my 1957 norton 77. and found a part missing . 1 centre screw to hold left side cover on, and a decent wiring diagram for this model, as i need to sort out the wiring

There is a guy who has a stall at Kempton Park next to the stainless steel stallClassic Stainless who sells that screw in knob and the circlip. The handbook P106/P or the book Norton Service and Overhaul Manuel by F.W.Neill can still be obtained. This is the handbook and workshop manual combined into one book. There was also a supplement issued by Norton for the Model 77, as a white pamphlet. It states on the front; To be issued and used in conjunction with the blue maintenance manual ref .16051. The engine section of which should be ignored. There is no date shown on this supplement butmy one has a date of 20/6/1959 written on the front cover. Allot of these manuals can still be found either on flea-bay or at an auto-jumble.

Previously anthony_curzon wrote:

There is a guy who has a stall at Kempton Park next to the stainless steel stallClassic Stainless who sells that screw in knob and the circlip. The handbook P106/P or the book Norton Service and Overhaul Manuel by F.W.Neill can still be obtained. This is the handbook and workshop manual combined into one book. There was also a supplement issued by Norton for the Model 77, as a white pamphlet. It states on the front; To be issued and used in conjunction with the blue maintenance manual ref .16051. The engine section of which should be ignored. There is no date shown on this supplement butmy one has a date of 20/6/1959 written on the front cover. Allot of these manuals can still be found either on flea-bay or at an auto-jumble.

cheers for the reply but as i live on the isle of lewis. not easy to get to mainland events. i assumed the club would have a source for older bike parts.

If anyone would post the part number that Mathew is looking for I will check with the suppliers here in California.

Mike

Matthew. Parts that wear out are pretty plentiful, such as those for engine/gearbox/brakes/clutch/bearings/bushes/electrical etc etc, but bodywork components less so, apart from Commando items. We cannot expect that every part is available new for 60 year old vehicles. It is part of the joy of owning a classic bike!

Why not contact the organisers of Kempton Park and get the phone number of the supplier who trades from there?

There were a number of parts books publishedfor the Model 77, and that battery cover screw or nut is the same as the ES2, and the Nomad models.

well people i got bored, and after finding out the internal thread size i fired up my old myford lathe and turned one out. oh the joy.s of motorcycling, as for the wiring ive just had a good look at my 51 plunger bsa and will track and trace, basically the same system.

Falconwood Bookshop have a wiring diagram for 1957 Norton twins currently on EBay. Otherwise I can send you a photocopy.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans