Mainshaft bearing for 1930 Model 20

Forums

Hello!

Looking for mainshaft bearings to a Mod.20 1930

Dimension,type.and manufacture if its possible

Thanks for any information

GÃ?ran

Goran,

Try Vintage Bearing Co in Derby as they regularly list these on EBay U.K. but they are not cheap!

regards, Ian

Previously ian_richtsteig wrote:

Goran,

Try Vintage Bearing Co in Derby as they regularly list these on EBay U.K. but they are not cheap!

regards, Ian

Thanks.

I have mailed the Vintage Bearings but they don have list older than 1935

so I need the dimension of the bearings to order

Can anyone help?

GÃ?ran

Previously goran_svensson wrote:

Goran,

regards, Ian

Thanks.

Can anyone help?

GÃ?ran

Hello Goran,

I checked my spare 1930 Model 20 engine today and have confirmed the bearings you need.

Timing Side: Type MC 22 Single ball (or if available you can substitute a UMC 22). This is the self aligning type. These are metric bearings with the same dimensions of bore 22mm, Outer diameter 50mm and width 17mm.

Drive side: Type RMC 22 single unlipped roller with the same dimensions of 22mm x 50mm x 17mm. This can also be substituted for a single sided lipped roller designation MRC 22. Again with the same dimensions. These are from my Ransome amd Marles and Hoffman bearing catalogues.

Hope this helps

Previously goran_svensson wrote:

Goran,

regards, Ian

Thanks.

Can anyone help?

GÃ?ran

Hello Goran,

I checked my spare 1930 Model 20 engine today and have confirmed the bearings you need.

Timing Side: Type MC 22 Single ball (or if available you can substitute a UMC 22). This is the self aligning type. These are metric bearings with the same dimensions of bore 22mm, Outer diameter 50mm and width 17mm.

Drive side: Type RMC 22 single unlipped roller with the same dimensions of 22mm x 50mm x 17mm. This can also be substituted for a single sided lipped roller designation MRC 22. Again with the same dimensions. These are from my Ransome amd Marles and Hoffman bearing catalogues.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

Now I know what to ask for

GÃ?ran

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans