Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

ES2 1956 dual seat

Forums

Hi all, I just bought a new seat for an ES2 but I thing this one is for 1956 on. And the ES2 I'm working on is from 1955. As it seems to be the same frame, it would be fine to have some pics about a 56 model to seehow to fit it. Many thanks, regards, BenoÃ?t

Hi Benoit,

It may not fit at all. The 55 seat is unique to 55; it looks very like a BSA seat and fits in a similar way to theirs at the back. At the front it has a separate bracket that fits to the top tube under the tank. The part number for this bracket is K4/1094. Can anyone with a 56 parts list confirm if this part continued after 55?

Jim

Hi Jim,

Is this 55 seat same Norton Model 7 seat? If yes then I do have a original seat from this bike but has been restored wrongly same like 53 model.

HiSundarraju,

53 and 54 (H12/540)are the same part on all single downtube bikesbut still not the same as a 55 (K12/540). Beware of incorrect seats with this part number; if it doesn't look like a bsa seat then it's completely wrong for a 55.

Pic of the correct 55 seat baseattached.

Jim

Attachments seat-6-jpg

I've been after one of these seats for twelve months without success. Tried all the manufacturers but most hadn't even heard of them!

Hi Jim,

Yes correct, I've this type of seat. Mine is a original 55 seat which I bought from Belgium some year ago. Tonight I'll post photo of the seat.

Aside Stuart,

Since I've the correct seat for my 53 model so now the 55 seat is spare for me. Do let me know if you wants it.

Previously jim_royce wrote:

HiSundarraju,

53 and 54 (H12/540)are the same part on all single downtube bikesbut still not the same as a 55 (K12/540). Beware of incorrect seats with this part number; if it doesn't look like a bsa seat then it's completely wrong for a 55.

Jim

Previously sundarraju_sivaraja wrote:

Hi Jim,

Yes correct, I've this type of seat. Mine is a original 55 seat which I bought from Belgium some year ago. Tonight I'll post photo of the seat.

Aside Stuart,

Since I've the correct seat for my 53 model so now the 55 seat is spare for me. Do let me know if you wants it.

Previously jim_royce wrote:

HiSundarraju,

Jim

It looks like I'm completely wrong with this 56 seat!So, many thanks all for your reply.

Regards,

BenoÃ?t

Previously sundarraju_sivaraja wrote:

Attached is the seat photo

COULD YOU POST A PHOTO OF THE TOP AS WELL PLEASE.

THANKS AL

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans