Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Amal 376 carb Needles

Forums

I have a selection of Needles with different letters engraved on them . Looking through my Amal Books I cant see any information on the needles , it must be somewhere !  The bike is my single carb 99..

Hi Robert,

The only info I have about the monobloc needles I found on the Burlen web pages a while back, as follows.

The monobloc needles are marked with letters B, C & D. B type are fitted in the 375 carbs, C type in the 376 carb and D in the 389 carb. The needles in some cases are marked with a number in addition to a letter (but it doesn't say anything else about that).

Concentric needles have various rings and also some other letters (Y & Z) but are not for fitting into monoblocs.

Hope this helps,

Stan

thanks Stan,  After a year or two struggling with less than perfect carburation I was intending to get my carb sleeved . Last night ,knowing I was going on a ride out in the morning I decided to strip the carb for the umpteenth time and try anything.  I looked thro some old used spares from 30 years ago and dug out a very mouldy brassy colour "C" needle , I compared it to my stock of recently bought needles and it appeared to be thicker ?.   I fitted it and was out early expecting to have made things worse . Instead it runs better than of yore and I am now perplexed . Does this mean that new stuff is not worth buying ?, it is beginning to look that way . 

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans