Skip to main content

500t rubber seat.

Forums

Hi all, i have had to purchase a new rubber seat for the 500t, but i am unsure how the front was originally fixed. Mine had two bolts through it when i brought, it but would it have been riveted like the rear of the seat? I also have got to remake all of the support frame other than the rear part, as this is the only part that is original. If anyone has an original, unmessed with i would be very grateful of any info / pictures. thanks, Colin.

Nobody has replied, but I'm pretty sure they were riveted. The recent rubber saddles use(d) bolts with wide shallow domed heads with cross cut slots (like mine) which I am aware are not original pattern. They are supposed to be black I believe. But if you have managed to buy one recently, you are fortunate.. they became unavailable...where did you get it, please?  I'm sure others would like to know.

Hi David. I purchased mine from classic bike shop online. Probably won't last 70 years like the Dunlop but worth a try. No fixings came with it so I'm going to use copper rivets. May I ask how your frame is constructed. I am having to rebuild mine virtually from scratch. Any pics would be gratefuly received. Thanks . Colin.

If you Google "rubber Norton saddles" it should take to to the relevant page on Paul Norman's "racingnorton" web site where it is illustrated even though it is out of stock.  It's not easy to photograph it on the bike. Hope that helps.

Ps..the rubber is unavailable now..maybe he has the frame parts?

Attachments

Many thanks, though I have purchased a rubber seat. One would think that they are made by one company as I wouldn't think the demand is that great.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans