Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

500 Domiracer tyres

Forums

Can anyone recommend road-legal tyres for track day use, for a 500cc Domiracer with 19" WM1 rim on the front and WM2 rim on the back. Edd Sharratt

Hi Ed - You don't describe your intended use for the tyres when riding on the roads but I imagine they're for twisty roads and occasional town use with little use on motorways. In which case an Avon Speedmaster Mk 2 ribbed 3.00 X 19 on the front and an Avon Roadrunner Universal 4.10 X 19 on the rear are good. They steer lightly, grip well and brake fine on most road surfaces. I find this combination work well on my 650SS and Mercury road bikes. Remember the wider front tyres steer much heavier than they should for negotiating quick routes through traffic.

If you're fully concentrating on track days and perhaps fast parades perhaps a sportier pairing could be more suitable. An Avon front of 90/90 X 19 is quite wide enough in say AM18 or AM26 and 100/90 X 19 Avon rear in AM18 or AM26 say should do nicely... Please be aware that all the "track series profiles" in AM18, AM22, AM23, AM26, Roadrunner F2/R2, Grand Prix and Speedmaster are available in various racing compounds to suit most needs on Classic bikes. Good luck, Howard

hello well, I have raced on both Dunlop and Avon I have foundthe Dunlop have the edge but it's maybe down to my styleof riding but avonsroad ridersare not bad the choiceis your in the end, yours anna,j

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans