Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1974 Mk IIA Interstate indicators

Forums

OK chaps and chapesses, what's the consensus, long stemmed indicators at the front and short at the back or vice versa?

What's the correct combination for a Mk IIA Interstate 1974, any ideas?

Answers on a postcard......

Thanks Steve

My 1974 Interstate Mk2A has short at the front - long at the back (I don't think short at the rear would clear the rear number plate properly).

Cheers

All Commandos had long indicator stems for front and rear. The short stem indicators were only ever used on triumph rears where they were fitted onto the grabrail. I think Commandos look better with the short, Triumph ones at the front and the normal ones on the rear. Les Emery

@font-face { font-family: "Times";}@font-face { font-family: "Cambria";}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Thanks all,

Well as ithappens Les,I purchased some SS stems from NorVil (via Kate) a few yearsago, two short and two long, so I could replace the genuine âLord Lucas Princeof Darknessâ peeling chrome ones, but had âmisplacedâ the SS parts. Well theycame to light after a monster shed clear out, so I thought I would fit them,but all the original ones are long front and back, which I now know with everyoneâsprofessional assistance to be correct.

However, as discussed, the short ones will now live on the frontand long on the back. The local plates are a bit smaller that the UK, it isvery unlikely they would clear the South Australian plate properly and if theydid it would look pretty average.

Thanks for your inputs and have a good weekend.Rgds Steve

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans