Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1958 ES2 oil feeder

Forums

Hi

First time I have used this forum. I have a 1956 Norton ES2 Cafe Racer. Dominator frame and ES2 engine, photo attached. Absolutely love the bike and have had 3 years trouble free riding. However a leak started from the oil feed pipe connector at the engine head. I took off the fitting and the threads have been stripped which is resulting in the leak, see photos.

Can anyone please let me know where I could get a replacement. many thanks.

Attachments norton-es2-pdf

Nice bike!

That is a non-standard part, the original banjo has a small bore metal tube braised in.

I would be inclined to try Pirtek www.pirtek.co.uk

They have outlets on pretty much every industrial estate, and if you are lucky, there might be someone there who's into old bikes! Their 800 page catalogue is a good source of inspiration, and they do most fittings in brass, galvanised and stainless. They also do some stuff in ally too!

A simple fix if you have a lathe. The threads are still OK back a few turns from the end, so it probably would be possible to machine the taper seal face back to enable the nut to engage further on some fresh threads. Also possibly the barb could be trimmed behind the tapered endto help the nut to screw on further and the nut could also be trimmed back if necessary.

Previously grant_tiller wrote:

Nice bike!

That is a non-standard part, the original banjo has a small bore metal tube braised in.

I would be inclined to try Pirtek www.pirtek.co.uk

They have outlets on pretty much every industrial estate, and if you are lucky, there might be someone there who's into old bikes! Their 800 page catalogue is a good source of inspiration, and they do most fittings in brass, galvanised and stainless. They also do some stuff in ally too!

Many thanks Grant, I have ordered the catalogue and have found their closest outlet - Again many thanks for your help.

Previously Paul Knapp wrote:

A simple fix if you have a lathe. The threads are still OK back a few turns from the end, so it probably would be possible to machine the taper seal face back to enable the nut to engage further on some fresh threads. Also possibly the barb could be trimmed behind the tapered endto help the nut to screw on further and the nut could also be trimmed back if necessary.

Thanks for your help Paul. Sorry to say that I don't have a lathe otherwise I would have given that a go so I'll probably go down the Pirtek route first and if no joy then I'll take it to my local metalwork shop who should be able to cut it down as you say. Again many thanks.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans