Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1955 Model 7 manual

Forums

Hi all,

Here's a good one for you! After three years of hunting I have found an authentic 1955 Model 7 Manual (code 14119/54) the giveaway being it features the Monoblock carburettor introduced that year.

So this leads me to ask has anyone else ever seen one or do I have the only one in existance? I had been told by more than one personthat it wasn't made!

Jim

Have the Model 7 Dominator maintence manual for 1949 to 1953, and the Model 7 maintenance manual for 1949 to 1955. The 1949 to 1955 is the publication P80. The 1949 to 1953 also has an extra part or supplementary maintenance instuctionsfor the 1953 Dominators.

Hi Anthony,

I've seen a few of the manuals you mention and have two in my little collection. One issimilar to the one you have but has the code on the back 14016/54 and a1958 printed P80 the same as yours. These both seem to turn up with regularity at shows and on Ebay but never for 55 models. It took eighteen months to find the actual manual for my ES2 as well (14120/54). Niether model/specific year seem to be listed by those offering reprints but earlier and later models (where made)are.

Jim

Previously wrote:

Hi all,

Here's a good one for you! After three years of hunting I have found an authentic 1955 Model 7 Manual (code 14119/54) the giveaway being it features the Monoblock carburettor introduced that year.

So this leads me to ask has anyone else ever seen one or do I have the only one in existance? I had been told by more than one personthat it wasn't made!

Jim

I also have a copy of that Norton hand book Model No 7 Dominator that features the Amal Monobloc on page 29, and the ref printed on the back is also 14119/54. So now you know there is two of them. I also have two Supplementary Spare Parts List for the Models 7 and 88 for 1953 and 1954. I live in a sort of Norton libary.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the reply. I havethe sameparts list supplements.

There's nothing at all wrong with living in a library, more should do this!

Thanks

Jim

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans