Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1953 Model 30 International

Forums

Hallo all, and greetings from the US. Yesterday I became the ownerthe above machine. Before I jump in with both feet I would like to know if there is a supplier of parts for a 1953 International and if there is a shop manual available.

Can anybody help? Thank you very much,

Antonio

Previously wrote:

Since I am totally new at this, I need a little more help: where can I find a copy of Kim'sNorton CD-ROM? Thanks for the answer and the help.

Previously andy_marks wrote:

Try:

http://racingnorton.co.uk/shop/page/1?sessid=IUoLdUafVLpprkvVP3MiXeYgkbSsUZCzm1WfaKy6PpVi1MZeMsDfORLpMDYdou2t&shop_param=

Are you doing a retoration or is it a runner? Got any pictures?

I am not going to restore the bike just clean it up, after I put back on all the little pieces that have been removed. It is all there and a bunch of extras. It should be a runner. I will keep you

posted. I have no photos yet since I just got it home. I will stay in touch. Thanks for the help.

Iwrote two more messagesof the identical content but they came out blank so I am trying this route. I would like to add a rev-counter to my inter but I need some parts;

- I need the aluminum magneto chain cover with the proper boss for the rev counter drive;

- I need the correct rev counter drive vith correct ratio (by the way wich is the correct ratio,

1:1, 1:2 etc).

Also what is the correct rotation of the rev counter (clock or antyclock wise)?

And finallyI have a spare engine in need of the aluminum head.

Can anyone help me? You can contact me directly at pagthers@wcnet.org

Thank you very much for you consideration,

Antonio

Both the timing cover and the rev counter you require are available from Paul Norman (he is based in the UK) as brand new repro items. I know reproduction parts get a very bad press but I have bought no end of bits from this guy and I can honestly say it has all been excellent. I'm not sure what direction rotation you are after but you could work this out from the drive once you have it, it also says on the website that you would want the 2:1 ratio.

http://racingnorton.co.uk/shop/catalog/browse?sessid=ymCGYkWot5g1Nnm49OdpPWAgJF4FcDv6LaDqsVeN4194k98ljLN43jgK8Ap8javm&shop_param=shop_overview_pager%3D4%26cid%3D48%26

Hi.

Stu Rogers does a stack of parts as well - phone no. 01945 585116. Both he and Paul Norman are very helpful.

Regards.

Ian.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans