Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1952 ES2 gearbox cover gasket

Forums

Hi all, I wonder if anyone has a good sources for 1952 ES2 gaskets? I need the gasket for the gearbox outer cover. I do see a few gasket sets for ES2's online but they all seem to be for the later 50's models. I don't see any gaskets listed for singles on the NOC site.

If the gasket is not available I am guessing I will need to make one up so would anyone have any particular recomendation on the gasket paper types? I have not had to make up my own gasket before so just want to make sure I don't make any newbie mistakes.

Hi David,

I assume you have the "laydown" gearbox, if so the part number of the outer cover gasket is 121006, I am sure all the usual suspects have it, but I see it on Norvils website for 2.20 GBP, or you can find it on this NOC site under "spares"-"singles"-"transmission parts"- part number:

SS12 D1_D12/1006 for .80 GBP !!!! click on the description

and you will see this:

Spares > Single Cylinder > Transmission Parts Gasket - outer cover Laydown gearboxGasket - outer cover Laydown gearboxLaydown gearboxOur Price: £ 0.80

All the best,

Skip Brolund

Thanks Eugene. That looks like the correct one. I obviously need to have more patience going through the parts listsmileyI swear I went through it a couple of times and still did not spot it.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans