Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1949 Model 18 jet oil feed

Forums

I have lost the big end oil feed jet and spring whilst removing the timing cover on my model 18, (at the time I didn't have a maintenance manual which warns you to be careful and not lose the oil jet feed) does anybody know where I can get a replacement plus the accompanying spring?

Norvil are listing a jet part no 8834 but state a dimension of 0.281"diameter, the diameter of the oil jet holder in my timing cover measures 0.312" are they compatible, any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards Ian Cumming

Previously ian_cumming wrote:

I have lost the big end oil feed jet and spring whilst removing the timing cover on my model 18, (at the time I didn't have a maintenance manual which warns you to be careful and not lose the oil jet feed) does anybody know where I can get a replacement plus the accompanying spring?

Norvil are listing a jet part no 8834 but state a dimension of 0.281"diameter, the diameter of the oil jet holder in my timing cover measures 0.312" are they compatible, any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards Ian Cumming

Paul Norman at Racing Vincent has the vcorrect item.

regards,

Ian

Previously ian_richtsteig wrote:

Previously ian_cumming wrote:

Kind regards Ian Cumming

Paul Norman at Racing Vincent has the vcorrect item.

regards,

Ian

Thanks Ian I did have a look at the Vincent / Norton website and I think they only make parts for the OHC engines which are a different design, I did 'e' mail Paulbut so far have not had a reply.

Kind regards

Ian C

hi ian i had some oil jets made many years ago of the type you need

i am sure i still have some my tel no is 07917334214

regards roger

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans