Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1948 Big 4 fiitted with 600 ohv

Forums

Have just spent the last 18 months working on this project, rebuilding both s/v and o.h.v engines, the 600 ohv engine being the easiest to get going first i checked the tank fitting prior to getting it sprayed up. In the mean time i finished of the cycle parts and fitted engine etc, when i got the tank back i found i could only fit it by removing the top yolk as there was not enough space in cut out under tank to allow fitting, also had to raise tank on mountings to clear de-compressor . The question is, is there a fuel tank specifically for a model 19R, is it different to an E.S.2 or similar?

Hi Michael,

In the case of the 55 model machines it was the same tank as used on the ES2 but your chances of finding one for this specific year are slim though if it were me I would just find a OHV tank of the same ageas the bike and see how it fitted.

Jim

Previously wrote:

Hi Michael,

In the case of the 55 model machines it was the same tank as used on the ES2 but your chances of finding one for this specific year are slim though if it were me I would just find a OHV tank of the same ageas the bike and see how it fitted.

Jim

Thanks Jim,will see what i can find, it looks like the cut away underneath would need to start nearer the front of the tank so that it will fit without taking top yolk off, will measure this and go looking!

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans