Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1934 Model 18 oil tank

Forums

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on a 1934 model 18 oil tank, I purchased the bike 5 years ago knowing that many parts were not correct for the bike and it has taken me 5 years to get all the correct parts.

I have purchased 2 oil tanks for the bike the silver tank in the photos is what I think is the correct tank for the year although missing bottom mounting bracket which is not a problem, I purchased the black oil tank in the photos site unseen from the UK, I live in Australia.

Of the photos I have seen on the internet and the original 1934 sales brochure I have, it looks like the tank should be the silver tank in the attached photos, the black tank has what looks like the correct oil tap which is a bonus.

The 1934 Nortons are very thin on the ground here a friend has a 1933 ES2 but those tanks are different, can anybody advise what the black tank is meant to fit and confirm if the grey tank is the correct one.

Cheers

Andy

Hi David,

Yes I have looked at this site and nearly all others that I can find, I am fairly sure that the tank in the photo matches my grey tank, I have searched all of my books, documents and the web to try and find out what the black tank fits.

The black tank has an oil tap which seems to match the taps on photos of other 1934 model 18 bikes so the purchase was not a waste of money, as stated above I would like to know what model Norton the black tank is for so at least I could advertise it so that someone else could make use of it. I have not seen one like it before, maybe are rare tank?.

Cheers

Andy

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans