Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1929 CS1 centre stand required

Forums

Can anybody advise if the centre stand for a 1930's CS1 is the same as an earlier late twenties CS1 ?

Otherwise would anybody know where I could procure a new or s/h one ?

Thanks

Alan.

Previously alan_elstob wrote:

Can anybody advise if the centre stand for a 1930's CS1 is the same as an earlier late twenties CS1 ?

Thanks

Alan.

IsthisaCarrollor MooreCS1? Ihad a 1936 modelrigidcradle frame Carroll CS1and thestand wasan aluminium castingas used on Inters of theday. Butthecentreswere the same for an ES2

Jon

Thanks

Alan.

Hi Alan,

The Norton range was only fitted with centre stands from 1935 and these were described as prop stands in the catalogues of the time. The good thing is that the stand was made to fit the existing frames bottom cross tube from 1931 onwards but not sure about if it fits earlier ones. you will need to check the length as well as the width. Might be best to try and borrow one off a local Norton owner before buying one. Regards. Richard.

Previously richard_cornish wrote:

Thanks

Alan.

Hi Alan,

The Norton range was only fitted with centre stands from 1935 and these were described as prop stands in the catalogues of the time. The good thing is that the stand was made to fit the existing frames bottom cross tube from 1931 onwards but not sure about if it fits earlier ones. you will need to check the length as well as the width. Might be best to try and borrow one off a local Norton owner before buying one. Regards. Richard.

Apologies for confusion - it is a rear stand on a pre 1930 Moore frame

Alan.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans