Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

speedometer and carburettor for Model 20 1930

Forums

Servus from Bavaria!
I have a Model 20 from 1930 and I'm looking for a speedometer for installation in the tank. The drive does not go down through the tank but backwards to the rear wheel. Does anyone know the right model and does anyone have one for me? I'm also looking for the right carburettor 76/022. I have a 275-012R 25mm mounted and the machine is not running well. Thanks for the help!

www.lederhosen-flori.de

No expert Florian, but in tank speedometer for 1930 sounds a bit odd.  I think speedometers were only optional until 1937.  In tank were optional on ‘35 models but not sure model 20’s. Do you have the cable and drive on the rear wheel? Photo to show what arrangement that is would help.( I guess it’s an Enfield hun offside (right side)brake)

Photo of tank would help,  76 carbs….  maybe someone has one but not seen one for years.

more info please… Jon

These were definitely available in 1930. Could be optioned for all saddle tank models.

If fitted, it would be documented in the production despatch records. Worth getting the information from the club for your machine.

The drive was taken off the gearbox. There should be a gearbox on front of the gearbox case. There could be a rectangular steel shaped plate bolted on in place of the gearbox if the speedo was removed.

If you would like photos please let me know.

Amal do 276.  Type 76 is similar and interchangeable.  Last time I looked, Wassel were selling a 76.  Hithcocks (Enfield people) were selling them.  Not made by Burlen, I believe.

The "/022" was the factory build number (jets, slide etc) and is not relevant today if you buy a new one.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans