Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Norton mod 50,1959 ,electrical wiring

Forums

I have built a featherbed mod 50 , I am now on the dreaded electrical wiring . The ever help full parts department has supplied me with a Stator   47239 , Rectifier / Regulator  SPR120W , ignition switch 30608 to go with the light switch 99SA .

My problem is that I cannot find  a suitable wiring diagram .

William,

They are easily found on the internet but if you want a genuine Lucas wiring diagram then contact Pook's Motor Bookshop in Rothley Liecestereshire. They had a couple of copies of the 1959 Mod50/ES2 diagram in stock at GBP 5 each. 

I bought a 1961 single, 1957 single and 1957 twin diagram there last week.

When I get home to Australia I will photocopy and laminate them so they can be used in the workshop.

The 1961 diagram is attached for you.

Attachments

Hi Ian , many thanks for the superb response . but the diagram is for the diode and rectifier with a single light and ignition switch . I do not know if the modern Lucas replacements have an original diagram. Best regards William

Hi William,

Can't help I'm afraid as I only collect original literature.

Maybe worth contacting Al Osborn as the Club's electrical expert as he will assist with your electrical situation. Refer to his earlier posting today

The rectifier is replaced by the regulator/rectifier. The two wires from alternator directly feed the reg/rect. Ignore the Zenor diode. There is no alternator wires left on the lighting switch 88SA. Lights and ignition is as per, not forgetting the earlier models were 6V, now we have 12V. Don't forget to incorporate a fuse.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans