Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Norton 500T Side Stand

Forums

Hello

First post on the Forum. Does anyone have a Norton 500T side stand for sale? Alternatively does anyne near Preston Lancashire have a bike I could look at and perhaps make one if I cannot find one?

Thanks for reading this post.

Fran Watson

.... this forum you'll find various posts on using a Kawasaki stand. I've done it myself and it's pretty easy.

Hi Francis/Ian,

The trials side stand is fitted to the lug on the lower rear near-side frame tube. It is not advisable to fit a stand in the usual road type position due to the open frame and high ground clearance and compromising this if using the bike for it's intended purpose. Probably best to fabricate one from a pattern as you could be waiting a long time to get an original.

This id from a thread on here https://www.nortonownersclub.org/sites/default/files/2022-07/08CC35F2-CB7F-4740-8510-0D83CA408FF4.jpeg -  no idea if its original!

Stand

Hi Fran,

I could support You with an technical drawing of the original sidestand I got from peter Roydhouse, so You would be able to build an exact replica. If You are interested please let me know.

Cheers Hans

Hi Fran,

sorry for the delay - You know, if You search something it`s always hidden...

Found it at least, so here You go. A pic of the whole drawing and extra pics of the details.

Hope it is useful to You and good luck in making the prop stand!

Cheers Hans 

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans