Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Navigator 1961 clutch

Forums

Hi

Can anyone help, I need to know the free length of the Navigator clutch springs, I need to check the ones installed to find out if they need replacing.

Also, are the clutch friction plates the same as the Heavyweight twins?

Thanks Nick

Previously nick_coates wrote:

Hi

Can anyone help, I need to know the free length of the Navigator clutch springs, I need to check the ones installed to find out if they need replacing.

Thanks Nick

Hi Nick, Just come across your post while trawling, so it's possible that by now you have your answer or you've worked it out.

Anyway, I'll stick my neck on the block and say I think the whole clutch is pretty much identical to the heavyweights although possibly the drive shaft spline maybe different.

Regards,Ian.

Previously nick_coates wrote:

Hi

Thanks Nick

Hi Nick,

Just come across your query while trawling and as it was so long ago you've probably got the answer or worked it out.

Anyway I'll stick my head on the block and sayI think the entireclutch is the same as the heavyweight twins, except possibly the driveshaft splines.

And yes Eric Oliver did have a dealership in Staines.

Regards, Ian.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans