Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

handbook for 1959 es2

Forums

I am trying to find a handbook or service manual for my 1959 ES2 has anybody know where I can get one.

Regards Alan Crocker

I have an original 1961-3 Maintenance Manual & Instruction Book covering the Model 50, ES2, 88, 99 650 and Sport Specials (Publication no P106) if you would like to E-mail me on peterjanetbolton@btinternet.com

I am willing to sell for a fair price - not an e-Bay rip-off.

Regards,

Peter Bolton

Previously wrote:

I have an original 1961-3 Maintenance Manual & Instruction Book covering the Model 50, ES2, 88, 99 650 and Sport Specials (Publication no P106) if you would like to E-mail me on peterjanetbolton@btinternet.com

Regards,

Peter Bolton

hi peter

i have just inherited a 1959es2 from my father.it ticks over quite nicely,but i suspect the timing is a little out.

could you be so kind and advise me on the ignition timing settings both static and running please,is the timing is around 30 btdc

also how would i go about adjusting the timing.

regards. andy brown.

Previously wrote:

Regards,

Peter Bolton

Previously wrote:

Regards,

Peter Bolton

helllo peter.

i am keen to purchase your manuals, covering those models,what do you thinkis a fair price.

regards andy brown.

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Regards,

Peter Bolton

hi peter

i have just inherited a 1959es2 from my father.it ticks over quite nicely,but i suspect the timing is a little out.

could you be so kind and advise me on the ignition timing settings both static and running please,is the timing is around 30 btdc

also how would i go about adjusting the timing.

regards. andy brown.

Hi Andy, The ignition timing for the '59 ES2 is 38 degrees before top dead centre. I could e-mail details of the method if you post your e-mail address,

Regards, Rob Gittins.

Peter,

RGM motors have both the 1959 Norton parts book and maintenance manual in their catalog, they are nicer than the Bruce Main-Smith offerings, though the BMS manuals won't make you cry when the oil stains get on them from their laying open on your workbench while twirling wrenches on your bike.

Albert

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans