Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Dominator 99 1959

Forums

Hi

could anyone send me a photo of how the silencers are bracketed I have bought new exhausts as the bike is a restoration and came with no exhausts

Thanks

Previously Peter Gibson wrote:

Hi

could anyone send me a photo of how the silencers are bracketed I have bought new exhausts as the bike is a restoration and came with no exhausts

Thanks

Hi Peter,

The attached picture shows the off-side bracket and it is fitted to the rear footrest lug on the frame and with 2 holes at the lower end to match the threaded holes in the silencers. The original brackets had a left/right dog-leg but straight brackets are fine. I have 3 brackets and they are all different hence the straight ones shown.

Attachments 000_0080a-jpg

All the orriginal brackets had a dog leg which pulled the pipe line in tight. That may make a difference if the kickstart is close. The silencers were kicked up and only just allowed the rear wheel spindle to be withdrawn when on the stand. To get this nice line you also needed a small kick up in the header pipe just below the kickstart, That seems to be lost in the pattern pipes you see today.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans