Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Correct Valve/valve guide for 633cc Big 4?

Forums

Hi everyone,

I have a 633 big 4, engine no. 3291.

I need a bit of guidance on which valve/guide I need, I have it narrowed down to a couple of options: 

Valve ex A2/141 or Valve ex 9120

Valve guide A2/138 or Valve guide 3715

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

NOC shop shows both valve guide part numbers in stock.  Looks like 3715 is made to receive grease nipple, (military application?). Valves in NOC shop show 5” and 5.20” lengths. You may need to do some further investigating to determine correct parts. Sorry I’m not familiar enough with these engines to definitively give you a correct answer.  I’m curious if it is just civilian/WD as the difference. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can comment.  Good luck to you 

-Pat

Hi Joe,

I have a 1942ish WD Big 4 and believe 5" is correct length for it. New ones I got from Russell Bros. appear identical to my old existing one; bit expensive there compared to NOC shop but got mine when available. Not yet back into engine. Parts numbers inconsistent via various suppliers which doesn't help matters but clarification re email to NOC shop or research with other parts suppliers might clarify. 8932 and 8933 correct re original Norton parts list for guides, and 8934 correct for valve. A2/141 in NOC shop possibly correct but best be sure to save ordering and having to return.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans