Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

CLASSIC BIKE SHOW ARDINGLY 23/10

Norton 961 owners are having a display of their machines at the Elk Promotions Classic Bike Show held at Ardingly on the 23rd October 2016. Their stand will be located next to Surrey NOC stand.

As far as we know it this will be the first time the owners have displayed their bikes and will be available to answer any questions by members of the public.

The bikes on show will all have been used on a regular basis and not bought for show.

We will quite happily answer any questions honestly and give members of the public a chance to speak with someone who has experienced the good and dare I say it the bad bits of ownership.

We have asked the factory to supply some input and will wait and see.

If you have ever thought of buying one, interested in how they perform, run or donât on occasions then please come and say hello.

I have cross posted this as I am aware that some members will not read posts that they do not consider relevant to their particular model. Webmaster please remove if inappropriate.

We have had a very late drop out of a machine. Therefore if anyone wants to stand in I will make the necessary arrangements. If nothing else you will have a day at the show and somewhere warm and dry to park your bike. Any takers contact me asap.

What a great show at Ardingly today. Loads of bikes, accessory stands and autojumble bits to look at. The organisers have got this event planned dead right. Cheap entrance for spectators and lots to see because both the bike owners and stall holders are not being ripped off with mega high prices as seen, this year, atNetley, Stafford and Kempton.

Six 961s on view with a variety of models for the public to view. I left my 961 naked so that people could see what is normally hidden by the seat and tank. Huge numbers of people stopped by to check out the collection of bikes and ask questions.

Despite our lean looking stand the show organisers liked what was on display and have asked us to come back again next year. Excellent news. Hopefully by then the NOC publicity gang will be able to arrange some stronger support for our effort.

Attachments 961-display-ardingly-jpg

I would like too thank everyone who made the effort to attend and make it a positive day. I would also like to thank Surrey NOC for allowing us to tag on to their stand and for the loan of one of their posters when ours did not turn up. All in all a positive day with lots of questions. Hopefully we will be back next year bigger and better.

Graham

Ardingly is an amazing show and well worth the effort to get there. It so much better than Kempton Park as you do not have to put up with that lousy road from Hampton Court to Kempton Park that always seems to have permanent road works going on. The Surrey section had 11 bikes on display and the 961 display was a sensation of the show. Next year we hope to have a bigger space so that we can display some more bikes, so I had better get the featherbed version of the U/T MOTed and I can then ride it to the Ardingly which will be on Sunday 2 April 2017.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans