Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Classic Bike Show - Ardingly 23/10

Norton 961 owners are having a display of their machines at the Elk Promotions Classic Bike Show held at Ardingly on the 23rd October 2016. Their stand will be located next to Surrey NOC stand.

As far as we know it this will be the first time the owners have displayed their bikes and will be available to answer any questions by members of the public.

The bikes on show will all have been used on a regular basis and not bought for show.

We will quite happily answer any questions honestly and give members of the public a chance to speak with someone who has experienced the good and dare I say it the bad bits of ownership.

We have asked the factory to supply some input and will wait and see.

If you have ever thought of buying one, interested in how they perform, run or donât on occasions then please come and say hello.

I have cross posted this as I am aware that some members will not read posts that they do not consider relevant to their particular model.

Hi Graham, you will have 2 attendees with bikes from Surrey Branch. Let me know what time you want us there and where in the hall etc. cheers Steve

Hi Steve Great to have you along I take it you have already registered? Is this yours and Phil's bikes or someone else's?

We have had a late dropout unfortunately as if you have been following Ricard's progress with getting his bike back from the USA after his Route 66 tour and fundraiser. It is eventually on way but won't be now back in the of the show. He will be attending with hopefully some of his memorabilia. If anyone else would like to participate (Nigel Darken, feel free) with their bike please contact me and I will see if I can arrange a late entry as I believe the due date is now passed.

Regards - Graham

Hi Does anyone have 961 posters etc that we could use on our display. I know that the factory said they would help out but I would like to make sure we had some sort of back up in case.

Thanks - Graham

Hi Graham

I have some original Hi-Res images similar to that shown below suitable for 'pull-up' type Banners as created for both the NOC and Surrey Branch if it's of any help? Pull up banners can be made within a few days for about £50 each?

Hi Peter Thanks for that. That would be perfect. Are you able to send the images to me so that I can arrange to have them made. Or did you have someone in mind?

Hi Graham

I've shared the hi-res files and finished artwork via dropbox to the email address you have given to the club. Pull-Up banners are pretty standard and printers in most towns do them or you can get good deals online? Contact me if I can help further?

Cheers - Peter

Peter

Thanks I have received the artwork and since it would appear simple enough I have also asked the factory for some hi res photos.

Regards Graham

I would like to download a Hi resolution copy of the Norton Owners Club logo in red and white. Can anyone tell me where I would find this as the only ones I can find are relatively low res and not suitable printing on banners etc.

Previously graham_leblond wrote:

I would like to download a Hi resolution copy of the Norton Owners Club logo in red and white. Can anyone tell me where I would find this as the only ones I can find are relatively low res and not suitable printing on banners etc.

Hi Graham

I've added a large bitmap and a vector graphic along with the Norton font to the dropbox?

Hope this helps - Peter

Hi Peter

Thank you so much for your input. I had already downloaded the Norton font but the rest was just what I needed. I have put together a couple of banners for the show.

Regards

Graham

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans