Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Cam T2418

Forums

Will a T2418 fit a 1955 88 or is it for the early model 7 thanks in advance 

The norton camshaft for sale on eBay that is labelled as T2418 probably has T2219 under all of the rubbish covering it. It also has Q.R. stamped on the side making it a late 1950s camshaft. 1958 onwards up to 1962ish.

It will fit and run in any of the Model 7/88/99 engines and do a good job but this ebay  camshaft looks a bit tired with worn lobes and lots of rust. Best left on eBay and another sought.

Variations of Norton Dominator camshafts shown in attachment. Best to avoid T2219 @ 1. This is the early Model 7 version and offers no performance in a Model 88 or 99.

Attachments

In reply to by philip_hannam1

I have 2 camshaft the one fitted to my engine and another both probably need work, I saw the dirty camshaft at the cheap price that may be better than my two. I don’t want to buy new because I like to make old thing work again. So thinking best of 3. Plus ask the eBay guy who said if it’s rubbish bin it and promises to refund me. I just was not sure of the weird number.

Be very wary of E-Bay parts.  Many of the sellers have little idea  of  what the part fits and  often list a range of bikes (scatergun approach)  , Many parts are listed as in good condition but are scrap. Parts listed as NOS  are often visibly used. New substandard parts are made and sold from the far east.  Its a good place to sell worn cast offs that you would normally throw away.

I agree and only buy very cheap parts, and I do have genuine parts to compare with. I have had some bargains in the past that only needed a clean and sold them on for a tidy profit. If I want new parts would buy from known suppliers.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans