Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

650 ss head found with intake sleeves

Forums

Anyone have any knowledge about these intake sleeves?

I've found them fitted to a 650ss head, not come across them before.

Are they a good thing or not?

Thanks

Attachments

Dear Alex, I took mine out of my 650ss in 1976. They have not been in since. The machine performs very well. I am not sure of their purpose but my advice is to dispense with them. Regards, Peter Bolton

Norton  Engineers thought the motor would perform  well without the sleeves. In comparison tests they found more "drivabilty " with the sleeves and smaller carbs (monoblocks). Better midrange.

Hello the propose of these sleeves was to stop the twin carbs from freezing up and to atomized the fuel mixture Better witch they found in testing produced 3 more bhp So the option is yours they will not do any harm if you leave them were they are. Yours Anna J

always give better response at anything up to 3/4 throttle or so. They also tend to make starting easier.

Of course if you want the last 5% bigger carbs are needed but how many of us honestly have the throttle fully open for any length of time?

hello  you can now buy  new sleeves from RGM motors  So now you can have  new ones witch will be better for carbration  ,  yours  anna j

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans